Alex Lewis, victim of flesh eating bacteria

 

Alex Lewis of Hampshire was nearly killed after what he thought was a common cold triggered a strep A infection, blood poisoning and toxic shock syndrome. His organs shut down and he was left in a coma. His extremities turned black with gangrene and doctors were forced to amputate all four limbs. He was given a three percent chance at survival.

Alex underwent nearly 20 hours of surgery just to rebuild his lips and nose.

You may also like...

1 Response

  1. Will says:

    Such sad eyes…..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *